Sell New Zealand’s premium apples to existing importers, distributors and retailers in the China market. A rare opportunity to manage an international sales portfolio from here in Hawkes Bay.
Are you an experienced Sales Manager with a track record of success, looking for your next challenge? We have a newly created opportunity for you to lead export sales for our China portfolio. In this role you’ll be joining a team of experts and representing New Zealand’s largest integrated apple grower, Mr Apple.
What you’ll be doing
As the Export Sales Manager you will sell to existing importers, distributors and retailers within the China market. Apple growing is a seasonal business and this role peaks between February and August where you’ll regularly be in contact with buyers and purchasers in markets to negotiate pricing, terms of trade and promotional programs. You’ll also partner closely with your peers in the Marketing team on the delivery of campaigns in your market.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Executing trades and securing deals with new and existing customers
• Developing and maintaining customer relationships to ensure their needs are met
• Weekly communication with your in-market representative (supporting customer relationships and communications)
• Liaising with Shipping and Export teams to provide customer shipping updates
• Travelling to the China market 2-3 times annually to meet customers
• Monitoring market needs and performance through research and data analysis
What you’ll bring
• A track record of success in sales, ideally within an export (or consumer) environment
• A self-starter, you take accountability to manage your own portfolio and priorities
• The ability to develop effective relationships at all levels and across cultures
• Comfortable working with ambiguity and able to pivot quickly
• You have the right to work in New Zealand and can pass pre-employment checks
• Local knowledge of the Chinese business environment, culture and language would be advantageous
What we offer
• Full responsibility and ownership for our largest export market
• Opportunity to grow your expertise within your role and the wider business
• Join a dynamic, innovative and future focused team
• An environment where we embrace diversity and unique ideas
• Flexibility to balance your life with work
If you want to be part of a business that deliver one in every four New Zealand apples to the world, then please apply now!
Who we are
Mr Apple is New Zealand’s largest apple grower and exporter, with 15 orchards and 5 Post Harvest facilities across the sunny Hawke’s Bay. We are proud to be part of Scales Corporation. After 120 years Scales has established itself as a market leader in agribusiness. At Mr Apple, our team of experts prides themselves on apple perfection – to achieve this, we hire and grow a diverse workforce of people from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.