Are you looking for your next Health and Safety role here in Hawke’s Bay? We are looking for an expert to partner with our stakeholders across our Orchards and Post-Harvest facilities and drive a best-in-class Health, Safety and Wellness culture.
What you’ll be doing
As the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Senior Partner, you will provide strategic and operational health, safety and wellbeing leadership across all areas of the business. With strong knowledge of all things Health and Safety, you will be seen as the expert and partner collaboratively with the business stakeholders with a balance of commercial, compliance and cultural needs.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Develop H,S & W strategy – to meet our vision and the operational needs of our business.
• Stakeholder Management - Be visible on all sites across our business to build trusted relationships, particularly across Orchards.
• In collaboration with the business, develop HS&W KPI’s for Orchard and Postharvest Management teams and upskilling and guidance of H&S Reps.
• Notifiable incident/injury investigation lead, recommending actions to be taken to prevent further incidents.
• Maintain and manage the critical risk register with regular reviews
• Partner closely with the Head of People & Culture to connect the Health, Safety & Wellbeing strategy to the wider People & Culture strategy.
What you’ll bring:
• You have proven track record within Health, Safety and Wellness with the ability to develop and implement strategic plans
• Some exposure to the Horticulture or Agriculture sectors will be advantageous
• You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to coach and influence others
• You are a self-starter with excellent problem solving, judgement and decision-making skills
• Have the right to work in New Zealand and can pass pre-employment checks
• Preferred qualifications: NZQA Level 6 diploma and NZISM and NZSC accredited
What we offer
• Join a supportive and future focused team
• Lead a team to deliver best-in-class Health, Safety and wellness strategy
• Opportunities to grow your expertise within your role and the wider Mr Apple business
• An environment where we embrace diversity and unique ideas
• A competitive salary and great perks
If you want to be part of a business that deliver world class people experiences alongside world class apples, then please apply now!
Who we are
Mr Apple is New Zealand’s largest apple grower and exporter, with 15 orchards and 5 Post Harvest facilities across the sunny Hawke’s Bay. We are proud to be part of Scales Corporation. After 120 years Scales has established itself as a market leader in agribusiness. At Mr Apple, our team of experts prides themselves on apple perfection – to achieve this, we hire and grow a diverse workforce of people from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.