If you have an interest in People and Culture (Human Resources) and would like to get some hands-on experience this summer, then join us for an internship you won’t regret. Not only will you join a team of future thinkers, but you’ll be part of a team that deliver 1 in every 4 apples to markets around the world.
What you’ll be doing
We have an opportunity for two interns to join our Talent and Engagement team (for 3-4 months) supporting volume recruitment for our 2023 Harvest and Post-Harvest season. This is a busy and fast-paced role where you’ll have exposure to various recruitment activities from CV and phone screening through to contract creation and onboarding. Part of a team of future thinkers, you’ll learn what it means to effectively recruit people using strategic sourcing approaches while providing optimal candidate and hiring manager experiences.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Delivering recruitment strategies to attract the best talent to our business
• Processing high volume of applications, phone screening and coordinating all other pre-employment requirements
• Reception – answer calls and emails and greet candidates to support their queries and application process
• Working alongside the team to design, coordinate and deliver innovative recruitment events
• Providing a consistent and positive candidate experience from first contact through to start date
What you’ll bring
• You will be available from November for a 3-4 month period
• An interest in building skills in People & Culture (Human Resources)
• Tech savvy and comfortable using excel and other Microsoft programs
• You’re hungry to develop; what you don’t know, you want to seek out and learn
• You have a keen eye for detail and regularly look for opportunities to improve processes
• You can manage, balance, and prioritise multiple tasks and projects
What we offer
• Learn from experts and grow your skills in talent management
• Join a fun, supportive and future focused team
• We live our values, embrace diversity, and encourage unique ideas
• We offer flexibility to balance life and work
If you want to be part of a business that deliver world class people experiences alongside world class apples, then please apply now!
Who we are
Mr Apple is New Zealand’s largest apple grower and exporter, with 15 orchards and 5 Post Harvest facilities across the sunny Hawke’s Bay. We are proud to be part of Scales Corporation. After 120 years Scales has established itself as a market leader in agribusiness. At Mr Apple, our team of experts prides themselves on apple perfection – to achieve this, we hire and grow a diverse workforce of people from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.