Manage, train and mentor a team of Maintenance Engineers and Apprentices ensuring the efficient running of one of NZ’s largest Post Harvest facilities.
What you’ll be doing
Are you looking for a role as a Maintenance Engineering Manager, inspiring and training a team to deliver first-rate engineering? This team works closely with production in our two packhouses to improve and develop plant equipment, while ensuring a high standard of health and safety is delivered at all times. With ongoing investment into new packhouse robotic systems and machinery, you’ll not only be responsible for delivering seasonal diagnostic and preventative maintenance, but also lead projects that will shape the way our industry packs apples into the future.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
• Managing and developing a dedicated team of Maintenance Engineers
• Overseeing preventative maintenance to optimise productivity and reduce downtime
• Diagnosing and solving problems quickly on-site, to ensure efficiency
• Design, fabrication, and installation of components
• Lead projects to launch, test and utilise new technology
What you’ll bring
• You are a leader who has experience driving results in high-performing teams.
• Experienced and NZ-certified Maintenance Engineer.
• You’re familiar with the operation of machinery (ideally a high-speed packaging operation) and computer-controlled machinery.
• Have a good understanding of computer based preventative maintenance systems and ideally having worked within.
• You adopt a continuous improvement approach to all plant and equipment issues.
• You must have the right to work in New Zealand and be able to pass pre-employment checks as required.
What we offer
• Work alongside a bunch of industry experts
• Lead and mentor a team to deliver high-quality engineering
• Varied seasonal work with the opportunity to lead innovative projects
• Work with industry-leading post-harvest technology, including robotic systems
• An environment where we embrace diversity and innovation
• Committed to optimal health and safety standards
If you are a driven and skilled Maintenance Engineering Manager looking to make a difference, we want you on our team. Apply now and be part of our ongoing success story.