Manage a dedicated Forklift team helping Mr Apple deliver 1 in every 4 New Zealand apples to the world.
What you'll be doing:
As Operations Team Leader, you will be leading the Forklift team at our Hastings Coolstore to manage product and workflow demands efficiently, whilst maintaining a safe work environment.
You will be responsible for:
• Leading a strong Health & Safety culture - you will be required to lead toolbox meetings and ensure team members are engaged.
• Actively leading, training and supporting the Forklift team.
• Partnering with the Coolstore Logistics Planner to set plans for Coolstore operations.
• Maintaining staff numbers and working closely with the Operations Manager - Cool Storage to recruit staff to fulfill operations.
• You will be in sole charge of shift, team and site security.
• Ensuring that Forklifts, Vehicle Management Units and Stillages are maintained and all issues are addressed proactively and efficiently.
What you’ll bring:
• Experience of working in a coolstore environment as a minimum.
• Knowledge of coolstore logistics and planning as a minimum.
• Minimum three years forklift driving experience.
• Experience leading a team.
• Ability to work autonomously and think laterally to find solutions.
• Can pass a pre-employment drug test.
What we offer:
• Meet and work with great people
• Opportunities to learn, grow and impact change
• Keep busy during the season and spend time over summer with family and friends
If you want to be part of something exceptional and feel your skills align with what we need, please apply now!
Who we are
Mr Apple is New Zealand’s largest apple grower, packer, and exporter, with orchards, packhouses and coolstores across Hawke’s Bay. It may sound strange, but we do love apples – and the experts that take our apples from tree to crunch. Our family is a mixed bunch – we hire diverse teams, and all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are welcome here.