Want to take the next step in your Post Harvest career? Become a key part of the management team in New Zealand’s largest apple packhouse
Are you excited by the challenge of ensuring a packhouse runs to the best of its ability? Our Packhouse team is expanding and we are looking for a capable Production Team Leader to join our Core Team.
What you’ll be doing
Our Production Team Leaders spend the shift on their feet – you will be working with our Packhouse team to enable them to do their roles to the best of their abilities and ensuring that they are using machinery correctly.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
• Following Packhouse startup procedures
• Monitoring data to ensure product quality
• Assisting in production planning based on orders, market requirements and fruit colour and quality.
What you’ll bring
• You are a people person – you are able to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people to help them understand new systems
• You are mechanically minded – you will be working with many different pieces of machinery and helping to minimise downtime in the packhouse
• Ideally, you have experience working in a packhouse – however, this is not essential.
• Have the right to work in New Zealand and be able to pass pre-employment screening and checks
What we offer
• Meet and work with extraordinary people
• Opportunities to learn, grow and impact change
• Play a part in delivering 1 in 4 New Zealand apples to the world.
If you are keen to join us and take the next step in your career, please apply now!
Who we are
Mr Apple is New Zealand’s largest apple grower, packer, and exporter, with orchards, packhouses and coolstores across Hawke’s Bay. It may sound strange, but we do love apples – and the experts that take our apples from tree to crunch. Our family is a mixed bunch – we hire diverse teams, and all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are welcome here.