Achieve work/life balance when you drive for Mr Apple – local work without overnight stays.
We are looking for Truck Drivers for a number of fixed-term and job share positions for the 2023 season. Join our team based out of our Hastings Packhouses.
What you’ll be doing
You will deliver fruit bins, pallets and other products throughout Mr Apple’s network of Orchards, Packhouses and Coolstores across Hawke’s Bay.
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
• Carefully delivering all product within Mr Apple guidelines
• Ensuring logbooks are kept up-to-date and accurate
• Maintaining your truck and notifying the Dispatcher of any issues
What you’ll bring:
• A Class 5 licence, Class 4 and 5L also considered
• The ability to keep accurate records
• Truck driving experience would be an advantage
• The ability to maintain a high level of Health & Safety awareness
• The right to work in New Zealand and consent to pre-employment checks/assessment
What we offer
• A late-model fleet which includes mainly curtain siders
• Duty and work hours are easily managed
• One of the longest seasons in Horticulture sector
• Opportunity to upskill to modern High Productivity Motor Vehicles
• Opportunities for off-season work
If you want to be part of a great team and get your work/life balance back, please apply now!
Who we are
Mr Apple is New Zealand’s largest apple grower and exporter, with 15 orchards and 3 pack houses across the sunny Hawke’s Bay. We are proud to be part of Scales Corporation. After 120 years Scales has established itself as a market leader in agribusiness. At Mr Apple, our team of experts prides themselves on apple perfection – to achieve this, we hire and grow a diverse workforce of people from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.